Friday 23 May 2014

The New Generation Hyundai i10

I have been driving a Hyundai i10 Style for six years now and have nothing but praise for this great City car. I bought the vehicle from new in 2008 from Brooklyn Motors in Seaford, Sussex - a family owned business that is a pleasure to deal with. Yesterday my car underwent its annual service and MOT test during which an oil leak was found from the gearbox seal. It had to be replaced. The day's event concluded with an eye-watering bill for £445 ($740). Time for a change? The sales manager in his infinite wisdom loaned me a new generation i10 whilst my car was being 'serviced' and I enjoyed a few hours of driving the new model around Seaford and environs. Six years of development has seen Hyundai produce a vehicle that is a joy to drive. A mere 10cm wider and 11cm longer provides a feeling of infinite space. This car feels bigger in every respect. A new onboard computer and cruise control add to its refinement.

It has been voted City Car of the Year 2014 by several motoring journals and it's easy to understand why. So, I am now faced with a decision. Whether or not to invest in a new i10 and spend a chunk of savings or to soldier on with my six year old vehicle.

I am very tempted I have to say....

No comments:

Post a Comment