Sunday 25 May 2014

Shedding the Shed - Part 2

I have had a particularly busy day today. I could put it off no longer. Clearing my garden shed of 27 years of detritus including rusted implements, old bathroom tiles, broken storage containers, warped MDF shelves and not forgetting the numerous woodlice that crawled out of every nook and cranny, the snails that had attached themselves on every available surface and of course, the spiders. Six heavy duty bags of 'stuff' were dispatched to the municipal tip. What remains will be stored under a tarpaulin on the patio in readiness for Phase 2.

Phase 2 requires a logistical approach to dis-assembling the incumbent shed. My good friend Graeme has been coerced to help. This event is planned to take place on the 11th June when Ros and I will have returned from our vacation in Copenhagen. A local tradesman is booked to carry away the various panels of this dis-assembly. So far so good, if all goes to plan.

A builder friend has agreed to then lay a solid concrete base ( a level concrete base) to accommodate the new shed, which should be delivered and assembled on 27th June by Skinner's Sheds. So, the base has to be laid soon after the 11th June. One can only hope for clement weather.

That is the plan - to have a robust, shiplap tongue and groove shed installed by the end of June. Somewhere I can sit with a good book and a glass of beer and watch the nature in my garden. Sad, I know, but I am rather excited about having a new garden shed...

No comments:

Post a Comment