Wednesday 7 May 2014

24 Live Another Day

Jack Bauer is back. He's in London, and so is Chloe, who looks more like a punk groupie than an ex, disenfranchised CTU agent. I missed the first three minutes. ITV used a typical ploy of an over-run. Programme due to finish at 8:57pm on ITV (to allow for adverts before the 9:00pm start of their next airing) concluded at 9:02pm. As I switched channels to Sky 1 I realised what ITV had done. A rather pathetic attempt to spoil the start of a new blockbuster on another channel in the hope that viewers would switch back to them. Stuff and nonsense. I had already set my Virgin box to record all episodes of '24 Live Another Day' and I will have to watch these first two episodes again, merely because I missed the first three minutes! Which clearly has an impact on the plot-line.

Soon picked up the thread though and in typical '24' fashion the action was intense, the plot line emerged (I think), Bauer, as usual, seemed unassailable, but, wait a minute, what the hell are all these US agents doing running around the streets of London armed with automatic weapons like they own our capital city?!

All great fun though, and we now have to wait for the next episode every Wednesday for the next 10 weeks. Maybe I should have waited to watch all episodes back to back!

No comments:

Post a Comment