Friday 16 May 2014

Baggins Book Bazaar

It's a strange name for a book shop. Or is it? Baggins seems to suggest a link to Bilbo Baggins, the protagonist of the Hobbit in the book by J.R. Tolkien. My brother assures me that this book bazaar is indeed still trading and does allegedly contain more than half a million books. I want to establish if there is a link between Baggins Book Bazaar and the author Malcolm John and the publisher Midas Books.


This is apparently the shop front of Baggins Book Bazaar

So, a trip to Rochester in Kent is on the cards. Not the easiest place to get to from Brighton in Sussex. I don't particularly want to drive so this would mean a train from Brighton to London Victoria and then a train from there to Rochester. I am determined to do this. I want to find out more about Malcolm John and what happened to him. He also wrote a book called Rochester and I would love to find a copy of that.

Quaerite et invenietis.....

No comments:

Post a Comment