Saturday 31 May 2014

Lifespan

Well, I'm beginning to wonder. I had prepared a delicious meal of lightly smoked salmon fillets, English asparagus and Jersey Royal new potatoes served up with Hollandaise sauce for the asparagus and whey butter on the potatoes. Glasses filled with a delightful Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, accompanied with compliments from my wife for another tasty dinner. I finished my meal with some wonderful Brin-de-Paille soft cheese and a glass of Mondelli Chianti Riserva.

Time for a Double Chocolate Mocha and a dram of 10 YO Jura single malt. Perfect. Awash with hubris I decided to tackle the dishes, the washing up, whilst my wife indulged her passion for "Casualty" on BBC1. I told her I would be 'plugged in' to music whilst I performed this domestic duty and got stuck in to Pat Metheny's album 'We Live Here'. Soundmagic earbuds are astonishing, terrific bass, no roll-off on the top notes, amazing stereo separation. I stood at the sink with my head nodding and my feet tapping. Dishes done in no time.

I needed to 'phone my mate Graeme so I went off in search of my iPhone, still listening to Pat Metheny. I found the 'phone case but no 'phone. I looked upstairs in the bedroom, in the lounge, in the dining room, in the kitchen - still unconsciously nodding my head to the fantastic rhythm of Pat Metheny. 'Best track coming up', I muttered to myself as the edge of panic set in over the whereabouts of my iPhone. 'Damn it', I thought, 'I had better use the landline to ring it, that'll locate it'. Better switch Pat Metheny off though before I do.

I dug in my shirt pocket and pulled out...... my iPhone, connected to my Soundmagic earbuds....

I shrugged it off, laughed to myself and took another loading dose of Vitamin B Complex. And took another look at 'Lifespan', the UK's leading health magazine, to see if it can help me remember that I listen to music on my F***ING iPhone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment