Friday 10 February 2017

Book #11 Evil Games

Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)Evil Games by Angela Marsons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's five stars from me. The second in the D.I. Kim Stone series and another action-packed thriller from Angela Marsons. It is a while since I read Silent Scream so a catch-up was overdue. I had almost forgotten just how good that first book was and Evil Games is even better. There are a number of published series featuring female detectives - Helen Grace and Marnie Rome spring to mind. Kim Stone is up there with the best. There is a deep-rooted tragedy in Kim's past that she continues to struggle with and it makes her vulnerable to the influence of a truly evil sociopath. The story takes us into some dark places and some harrowing scenes as Kim and her bagman, Bryant investigate a brutal murder of a known rapist. As events unwind and the body count rises, Kim's intuition leads her down a path fraught with danger as she struggles to uncover the actions of an intelligent adversary - a cold, heartless individual who will try to manipulate Kim, using her past as a weapon.

It's another fast-paced, helter-skelter ride with excellent plotting and great characterisation.

I loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment