Monday 6 February 2017

Book #10 The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between OceansThe Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The light between oceans; I was trapped between two heartbreaking decisions. This is a powerful story and one that will cause you to shed tears. Isobel and Tom - two genuine people. One, a decorated First World War hero haunted by his own survival and the woman he marries, Isobel, a woman who knows what she wants. Tom is now a lighthouse keeper on Janus Island, remotely situated 100 miles from the Western Australia coast. The newly married couple live there, alone. When a boat washes up on the island shore it holds a dead man and a crying baby. Isobel has suffered miscarriages and yearns for a child. The decision they make to keep the baby as their own has such monumental and devastating impact on events that follow it will have you searching your own conscience as to what should be the ultimate conclusion to a story that will haunt me for some time. I am not embarrassed to admit I shed tears, particularly towards the end. Why? I cannot say without spoiling the story, which seems so real. Two people who follow their hearts to breaking point. A narrative that is so compelling and heartbreaking, in some ways as dark as a Greek tragedy, emotional, memorable and so moving.

Read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment