Friday 29 January 2016

Book #9 101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die

101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die (Revised & Updated)101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die by Ian Buxton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought it might be prudent to stop, having tried 100, not wanting to shuffle off this mortal coil just yet! Anyway, this is a terrific book for anyone who enjoys whisky, or indeed, whiskey. A guide to 101 whiskies that enthusiasts should seek out and try, according to the author Ian Buxton, an eclectic selection of some of his favourites, some stellar newcomers and some mystifyingly unknown drams. Some of my own preferences are here: Aberlour Highland single malt, Ballantine’s 17 YO blend, Bowmore single malt from Islay, Bushmills Irish single malt, Dalwhinnie 15 YO Highland single malt, Glenfarclas 105 cask strength, Hibiki 17 YO blend from Suntory, Japan, Wild Turkey Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey...... Still leaves many to chose from in years to come (I hope!)

I will certainly carry this pocket size book with me on any future travels. Never know what I might find...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment