Monday 4 January 2016

Book #1/2016 Every Time I Find The Meaning of Life, They Change It

Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to LiveEvery Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It: Wisdom of the Great Philosophers on How to Live by Daniel Klein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you have even a passing interest in philosophy then Daniel Klein is a good place to start with this warm, winsome book of eclectic musings. Klein continues to discuss “the meaning of life” and revisits the answers he sought from his readings as a Harvard undergraduate and later as a graduate student in philosophy, jotting down salient quotations in a notebook he called “Pithies.” Among his many sources of inspiration are Pascal and Epicurus, David Hume and John Stuart Mill, William James and Albert Camus. Last year I thoroughly enjoyed Klein’s humorous and philosophical trip through life in his ‘Travels with Epicurus’. With this latest book he provides a fascinating spin to the ideas of the great philosophers and more importantly, made them relevant - even necessary - for the dilemmas and possibilities of everyday living today.

“Every Time...” made me think and I found myself revisiting tracts of this book to better understand their meaning. I feel better for having read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment