Tuesday 19 January 2016

Book #5 Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed DoorsBehind Closed Doors by Kathryn Croft
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There seem to be so many good reviews on this book that I cannot reconcile with. I struggled to finish Behind Closed Doors and almost wish I hadn’t bothered. Page after page wondering when something was really going to happen. Olivia and her daughter Ellie move into a flat in London after the break up of Olivia's marriage. And frankly Carl (husband) I am not surprised that you strayed beyond the bounds of fidelity. And Olivia gives up on ten years of marriage after your single misdemeanour and then embarks on a particularly unpleasant relationship with her moody neighbour Michael. A control freak who soon manages to turn you into a hapless nymphomaniac and all this with your daughter Ellie hovering in the background. Michael’s sister Chloe is another nasty piece of work.

A complete melodrama that lacks any endearing qualities. The only character I had any empathy with was Carl who at least showed some redeeming qualities. The book struggles to a pointless ending with a ‘twist’ that became all too obvious.

Time to move on....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment