Thursday 28 January 2016

Book #8 The Little Paris Bookshop

The Little Paris BookshopThe Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Enthralling - one of my all time best books. On a beautifully restored barge on the Seine, Jean Perdu (John Lost - perfect) runs a bookshop or as he calls it “a literary apothecary”, because the owner knows how to use books like medicine. The only person he is unable to cure - of heartache - is himself. This wonderful tale shows the power of friendship and love. Enchanting prose, evocative phrasing that had me reading and re-reading phrases, sometimes with tears pricking my eyes and a lump in my throat as Jean Perdu sets off for Provence on his little floating bookshop in search of a long lost love....

You love books, you will love this wise, book-loving gentle man as he takes a meandering journey of love and loss.

I couldn’t put this book down, couldn’t wait to finish it and yet - did not want it to end....


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment