Monday 1 February 2016

Book #10 The Shut Eye

The Shut EyeThe Shut Eye by Belinda Bauer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I hadn’t come across Belinda Bauer before browsing through books at Waterstones I came across “The Shut Eye”. I had no idea it was her sixth thriller. What a treat I had in store! This is an exhausting, exhilarating and damned scary psychological thriller. This is a non-stop page turner that had me mesmerised.

A missing 12 year-old girl, a missing 4 year-old boy, a missing dog? Is there a connection? Does the missing boy’s mother really have an eerie sixth sense? Is that matched with the equally damaged Detective Chief Inspector John Marvel, who is close to falling off the wagon again and carries more baggage than an airport carousel?

You share the victims fears and torture, increasingly terrified as the full horror of their stark predicament is played out. Bauer creates a claustrophobic atmosphere that really got to me. Unexpected shocks abound, literally had me calling out “Oh my God! What?!”

The Shut Eye is a truly gripping, terrifying thriller - one of the best I have read for quite some time. It certainly won’t be my last book by Belinda Bauer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment