Monday 28 October 2013

Three Dead After St Jude Storm

The storm hit the south coast with a vengeance with winds gusting up to hurricane force 100mph. Following the morning's events here there are:

  • three reported deaths
  • 270,000 homes without power across southern England
  • Hundreds of felled trees block road and rail links
  • Heathrow cancels 130 flights
My garden shed has been shifted so violently on its foundation it has been twisted from the base up to such a degree that the door will not shut properly. I have had to work up some 'Heath Robinson' repairs to temporarily fix it. Bird feeders were scattered across the garden and my lilac tree has suffered a severe battering. One garden fence panel has been torn apart. The amount of damage is almost as bad as that suffered in the great storm of 1987.

So, I have busied myself this afternoon making a shepherds pie. Comfort food for this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment