Friday 30 March 2018

Book #24 Beware the Past

Beware the PastBeware the Past by Joy Ellis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! I hadn't come across Joy Ellis before. Happenstance brought me to Beware the Past. What a stunning standalone crime thriller this is and certainly a candidate for my Best Read of 2018.

A very believable DCI Matt Ballard is haunted by a case from 26 years ago. Although the perpetrator was identified Matt had serious doubts about the validity of the outcome, as the suspected murderer was killed by a hit-and-run driver. And now the killer seems to be back. Is that possible?

The hectic pace of Beware the Past is relentless. So many breathtaking moments, so many twists and turns with a conclusion that knocked me sideways! A savage twist totally unforeseen.

If you like your thrillers tense and full of menace this is definitely one for you!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment