Wednesday 14 March 2018

Book #17 A Room Full of Bones

A Room Full of Bones: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 4A Room Full of Bones: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 4 by Elly Griffiths
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven't read a Ruth Galloway for a while. I have read the first three and have four through ten on the bookshelf. (I like the matching livery!). Well, it's more of the supernatural and superstition from Elly Griffiths, some of it rather far-fetched, but hey, I like the mix of ancient and contemporary so why not?

I like the eerie landscape of the Norfolk Coast, the saltmarsh where Ruth lives with her daughter Kate, fathered by DCI Harry Nelson during a brief affair. It has created tension between Ruth and Harry and, as night falls on Halloween Eve Ruth is to supervise the opening of a coffin excavated from the site of a medieval church. She finds the museum's curator dead beside the coffin. And so it begins. Another case when Ruth and Nelson cross paths and past tensions are reignited.

Perhaps not one of Griffith's best but I still enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment