Monday 21 August 2017

Book #55 Behind Her Eyes

Behind Her EyesBehind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am going to stick my head above the parapet here expecting pot-shots from 5* reviewers. And there are so many of them. All pretty much focused on "the ending"...

It started well, a ménage-à-trois, Louise, David and Adele. But it soon entered into that tedious: Louise - Adele - Then - Louise - Adele.... that filled the best part of what is supposed to be a psychological thriller. Psychological? Supernatural? Far-fetched! That ending, for me, is so absurd I had to shake my head in disbelief. I cannot say much more without a reveal, or spoilers.

It's a shame. Pinborough writes well, conversational passages are realistic for the most part. But the plot. I started to see where this was going with dream sequences and second doors....

The ending - sorry, for me it was just too preposterous.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment