Thursday 19 January 2017

Book #5 Father Of Lies

Father of Lies: A Supernatural Horror NovelFather of Lies: A Supernatural Horror Novel by Sarah England
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In my current genre hopping mode I came across this occult horror trilogy. I purchased the three books written by Sarah England and set off on a journey. A journey into the Secret Art, the practise of Black Magic, a genre I had left behind in the 70s having read all that Dennis Wheatley had to offer. His warning of the dangers of a very real and concrete nature of Satanism rang in my ears as I set out to read Father of Lies. Not since The Exorcist or The Shining have I read anything so diabolical. This is a terrifying read, a helter-skelter ride into the world of the possessed as we enter the horrors of Drummersgate Asylum on the bleak moors of northern England where Ruby is incarcerated. Ruby. A deeply disturbed patient who psychiatric staff cannot accept is haunted by demons, more likely suffering with Dissociative Identity Disorder. After two years of making no remedial progress Dr. Jack McGowan decides to take a risk and hypnotises her. The horrifying consequences are evil beyond anything I have encountered; disturbing and really scary. I did not read much of this in bed!

So, what now? Well, I am about to embark on Book #2 - Tanners Dell. It sounds just as scary!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment