Thursday 12 January 2017

Book #3 Tastes Like Fear

Tastes Like Fear (D.I. Marnie Rome 3)Tastes Like Fear by Sarah Hilary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not difficult to understand why Sarah Hilary won the Theakstons Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year in 2015. This is the third in the series featuring D.I. Marnie Rome and her bagman DS Noah Jake. Sarah Hilary is a master of her craft; riveting, well developed plots, believable characters and, in this case, a cry for social justice as Marnie faces her own demons once again; her notorious stepbrother Stephen lingers menacingly in the background as she is reminded of her own troubled teenage years with a spate of missing girls and a car crash that brings everything into focus. It is a beautifully crafted story, gripping and fast-paced with impeccable attention to detail. The clues are there and I missed the significance of many! The identity of the perpetrator left me reeling - didn't see that coming!

If you have read Someone Else's Skin and No Other Darkness, you will love Tastes Like Fear. Sarah Hilary is at the top of her game.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment