Sunday 30 October 2016

Book #73 The Night Stalker

The Night Stalker (DCI Erika Foster, #2)The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Robert Bryndza does it again! I don't usually 'binge' read series but having enjoyed #1 so much, The Girl In The Ice, I did move straight on to The Night Stalker as I was so taken with DCI Erika Foster. In my earlier review I likened her to Helen Grace; that similar damaged past, a dislike of internal politics, superiors who are continually on her case despite the fact that she uses her intuition with remarkable insight. Once again Erika is pitched against a devious serial killer, who earns the moniker Night Owl for fairly obvious reasons. Her team of DIs Paterson and Moss resolutely stand by her even when her actions once again are met with questionable action 'from above' including Superintendent Marsh and ACC Oakley. you are familiar with the term 'wanker'? Yeah, that's Oakley. How did he reach such high office?

The prose is edgy, the pace is quickened with short chapters when required. The protagonists are believable, the police procedures are spot on, the locations are often sinister. I found myself completely immersed in this terrific thriller that really does have everything including a finish that left me breathless!

I loved it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment