Tuesday 18 October 2016

Book #71 My Husband's Son

My Husband's SonMy Husband's Son by Deborah O'Connor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall this is a taut read, but for me it was marred by Heidi, the main protagonist, who continually does things beyond stupid. One cannot of course overlook the fact that her daughter Lauren was murdered six years ago when just a youngster. Her husband Jason's son was kidnapped a year later and he and his first wife split up. Heidi and Jason's marriage is fragile, haunted with memories of their loss. And then Heidi meets a boy she's certain is Jason's long-missing son - but Jason is equally convinced it is not him. Heidi sets out on a quest determined to prove otherwise....

Jo Spain said: "An ending that left my head spinning...". I beg to differ. For me it was all too predictable given the events of the last 60 pages or so.

I give it 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment