Tuesday 1 March 2016

Book #18 Orkney & Shetland Islands Focus Guide 2nd Edition

Orkney & Shetland Islands Focus Guide, 2ndOrkney & Shetland Islands Focus Guide, 2nd by Alan Murphy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I guess that a travel guide is not intended to be read from cover to cover. But, I have and it required a lot of patience as the typeface is so small! The publishers have managed to cram each small page (18x11cm) with around 680 words. The content is certainly informative and provides most of what you need to know to enjoy a visit to these Northern Isles. This Footprint guide contains no pictures apart from a few maps, which is another disappointment.

Despite my 3 Star rating I shall carry the book with me on my visit to Shetland in May. At least it's pocket sized and lightweight!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment