Thursday 16 October 2014

More on Riley

I visited 'the village' again yesterday and finally learned the true background to the plight of Riley. I saw first hand where a local resident had provided a cardboard box lined with a towel in his narrow porch, open to the elements, that Riley had slept in until the wind driven rain had reduced it to a sodden mess. I learned the true account of the so called 'owners' who are beneath my contempt. I reaffirmed my promise to re-home Riley, to provide him with a loving home, a permanent home away from the elements, a home where he will receive all the attention he needs, where his welfare will come first along with our other two cats. I know that Riley is just one cat amongst thousands that need a home. We cannot help them all. We can help Riley. And we will - this Friday. All the locals who have fed Riley on occasion want Ros and me to home him. I have heard all the reasons why those who have fed him cannot take him in. Well, we will. To all the nay-sayers your nay-saying is noted. But it makes no difference. We are going to take Riley and provide him with the home that he so desperately needs. That's it. End of.

No comments:

Post a Comment