Thursday 14 August 2014

Ready for Rutland

That's it. Didn't take long to pack. I like to travel light for weekends away and am a big fan of Rohan clothing for birdwatching and trekking. Excellent for layering, windproof, outers often waterproof, lightweight, easy to pack (I roll items for packing, takes up less space and Rohan stuff doesn't wrinkle) will dry in 3-5 hours after a wash and, best of all, does not require ironing.

I will leave early in the morning for the drive to Chailey to meet my colleague, then we will travel onward in his car. The route will be M23, M25 then M1 to Northampton, then the A43 to Kettering, by-pass Corby to our destination at the delightful market town of Uppingham

We will spend Saturday at the Birdfair the main purpose of the trip. And of course there will be two nights at the wonderful Crown Inn the cosy bar, the excellent Everard's ales, the good food and the friendly locals.

I probably won't be posting over the weekend as the mobile and wi-fi signals in this area are virtually non-existent. I will certainly post some photos next week when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment