Wednesday 2 July 2014

Steam Train: 6024 King Edward I, Valentine's Cathedrals Express, 12 Feb ...

As a committed 'gricer' I have always had a passion for steam locomotives. I have a collection of OO gauge models proudly displayed in cabinets and a modest N gauge layout to run these smaller trains, to recall the great days of steam. It is a passion that it is still possible to follow at the various Heritage lines throughout the UK where steam locomotives have been restored and continue to run. Some of these Heritage lines have direct links to mainline tracks and excursions of some duration are often available for the enthusiast.

I have just added a Hornby model of the GWR locomotive 'King Edward 1' to my collection but there is nothing more nostalgic than seeing the original, restored engine hauling thirteen carriages on a mainline run. Take a look:


No comments:

Post a Comment