Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Turn Up for the Books

And so it was. I visited the Brighton Garden Centre this morning to stock up on wild-bird food to find that they were selling most items at half price. Needless to say the selection was limited but I managed to acquire Fruit & Berry Suet Pellets for £2.99 (usually £5.99), Natures Feast Wild Bird No Grow for £2.49 (usually £4.99), 4 x Finest Suet Balls for £0.99 (usually £1.99) and a pre-filled Feeder with Sunflower Seeds for £1.99 (usually £3.99). This certainly was a turn up for the books as I tend to purchase a considerable amount of wild-bird food during the course of a year.

The Garden Centre appears to be turning over more space to franchises; the company Viners now has a significant presence with a range of their cookware and cutlery and a shoe company (forget the name) has taken up space as well. Not sure how successful this will be as the Edinburgh Wool Mill outlet was here for a while but closed down earlier this year (much to my wife's disappointment!) Is a garden centre an obvious place to look for shoes?

Mind you, I had better not tell my wife.....

No comments:

Post a Comment