Wednesday 16 April 2014

Waiting for Godot's Passport

Well, it feels something like that. As in Beckett's play where Vladimir and Estragon wait endlessly and in vain for the arrival of someone named Godot, I wait endlessly and seemingly in vain for a renewal passport from HM's Passport Office. I wonder if in fact Godot works at the Passport Office in Durham. That might account for the endless stream of unanswered correspondence from me, chasing my application, or the number of promised 'phone call backs that have never happened. Should I be surprised? Should I expect anything better from a Government organisation run by civil servants? Should I expect the Passport Office to accept their responsibility for their incompetence in handling my application? Do they care one iota? No, Yes, Yes and No are the appropriate answers.

I sent my application for a passport renewal on 10th March. My cheque payment cleared my bank account on the 19th March. They took my money almost a month ago and I still wait for my document. If I had run my company in such a fashion I would have gone out of business long ago.

HM Passport Office is just another government organisation that is not fit for purpose. And to put it bluntly, there is fuck all you can do about it.

You might even think I'm angry....

No comments:

Post a Comment