Wednesday 23 April 2014

Pottering around Sussex

To potter: to move about without hurrying, in a relaxed and pleasant way. Lovely verb. As we are not now travelling tomorrow to Copenhagen Ros and I will be pottering around Sussex. Tomorrow we will travel by train from Brighton to Rye in East Sussex. Rye, one of our favourite places to potter, the medieval gem of the Cinque Ports and one of the best preserved medieval towns in England.

I shall be having a potter around one of my favourite independent bookstores - the Martello Bookshop in the High Street and my favourite stockists of Barbour country wear: The Golden Fleece in Lion Street. Ros will be melting the plastic at the Edinburgh Wool Mill shop and we will enjoy a good ol' fish and chip lunch at Marino's Fish Bar, the best of its kind in Sussex, in my opinion. And I shall probably manage a pint or two of real English ale at The Queen's Head public house.

Sounds like a good potter to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment