Friday 26 July 2013

The Rise of the Phoenix

I had completely forgotten that I started this blog some 2.5 years ago - and made one post. Well, now that I am retired I intend to post more. I envy those bloggers who are capable of posting every day, whose lives are full of interesting events. My life is now centred on my passion for photography, wildlife in general and birds in particular, with a keen interest in bumblebees, butterflies, dragonflies and moths.

Today, my wife spotted what she called an unusual bird on our garden fence. It proved to be a juvenile Collared Dove. Our feeders continue to attract a family of Goldfinches with an occasional Greenfinch.

Butterfly visitors have included a beautiful Comma and several Small Whites.

A Red-tailed bumblebee is a regular visitor along with Buff/white-tailed varieties.


Comma butterfly on daises



No comments:

Post a Comment