Tuesday 25 July 2017

Book #46 The Roanoke Girls

The Roanoke GirlsThe Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So much hype surrounded The Roanoke Girls: "the most addictive thriller of the year". Well, it did not keep me enthralled. This tale of small town America and one family cloaked in a long running secret spanning decades. It is a disturbing story line but all too soon it became obvious what had occurred in the Roanoke family. The constant switching between 'then' and 'now' began to irritate and I breathed a sigh of relief when I had completed the book, particularly as I had figured out who had been doing what well before the end. A bunch of characters with no redeeming qualities, save perhaps Cooper and, at a pinch, Lane Roanoke. Amy Engel writes well and I am sure there are readers who will enjoy this more than I did.

With thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for an ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment