Tuesday 4 July 2017

Book #42 Last Breath

Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster, #4)Last Breath by Robert Bryndza
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's Wimbledon fortnight. So what on earth was I doing starting to read the latest DCI Erika Foster? Last Breath? I nearly took mine! How can Robert Bryndza keep getting better? A short while ago I read Dark Water - Foster #3. Robert sure as hell knows how to rack up the tension. But Last Breath truly had me gasping. Until 2:15am in the early hours of yesterday morning. I don't do that! Well, you try putting this down! Those chapters that get shorter and shorter. As DCI Erika Foster chases down a monster - a serial killer who exhibits the most despicable traits as the mutilated bodies turn up.

I am not giving away any of the plot; it's darned clever, there are blind alleys, there are heart-stopping moments when you do catch your breath. You have to carry on. You know who the killer is, one of the most despicable individuals you will encounter in a serial killer, thriller. And Last Breath has thrills galore! I was completely sucked in with the almost unbearable tension.

And completely forgot about Wimbledon. No mean feat. If you haven't read Last Breath, get a copy. And be prepared to stay awake nights. It doesn't get any better!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment