Tuesday 27 September 2016

Book #65 How To Find Love in a Bookshop

How to Find Love in a Book ShopHow to Find Love in a Book Shop by Veronica Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The title could be an entry from a do-it-yourself manual. I fell in love with this beautifully written story. The story about Nightingale Books set in the romantic setting of Peasebrook in the Cotswolds, with a cast of lovable characters. Julius Nightingale's life has been an indulgence of books, in a shop loved by everyone who enters. They come to see Julius, this charming man who will help them choose the book most suitable for their taste and pass the time of day. His sudden death leaves a huge gap in so many lives and Sarah will secretly grieve his passing. His daughter Emilia returns to her hometown to rescue the family business, this wonderful business for book-lovers. Who wouldn't want to step into her shoes? Many customers have their own stories to tell and these are interwoven in the plot that at times is so sad it had my bottom lip quivering. Yes, and I'm a bloke, and it had that affect on me. Perhaps I am an incurable romantic!

I have read a number of books recently about bookshops, people who run them and own them. This has been the best by far. Veronica Henry has created a rich story that I became totally immersed in. It is a touching, warm-hearted read, it contains joy, sadness and redemption. Enter into the world of Nightingale Books, curl up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, join these great characters in the cosy town of Peasebrook.

I would love to spend Christmas there....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment