Thursday 1 September 2016

Book #57 No Other Darkness

No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome #2)No Other Darkness by Sarah Hilary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The 2nd in the DI Marnie Rome series by Sarah Hilary, read back-to-back with the 1st. I feel like I have binged on murder and mayhem for the past week or so. No Other Darkness is a particularly harrowing story. Anything concerning the deaths of young children is bound to be. In this account the way that Archie and his brother Fred died is dreadful and the plot is full of despair and anguish, following the discovery of their frail, desiccated bodies. There are characters to pity, few to like, although Hilary does produce great emotion amongst the protagonists. Hilary is certainly the magician with metaphors as they roll off the pages aplenty.

I recommend reading these books in order as there are key threads that run from the 1st through the 2nd. I have decided though to shelve the 3rd volume for a reading at a later date. I feel like a change of genre….

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment