Wednesday 14 September 2016

Book #61 Portraits of the Dead

Portraits of the DeadPortraits of the Dead by John Nicholl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is John Nicholl’s third book, so I have missed the first two, but it’s of no matter as this is a fast-paced standalone serial killer thriller. I am rather sorry to hear that this is a standalone as it introduces one of the most likeable and believable coppers in DI Gareth Gravel. His bagman is the equally likeable DS Clive Rankin (no relation of Rebus!). These two detectives are fallible, they get taken in but they work doggedly on in pursuit of the most diabolical serial killer I can ever recall. His deeds border on the hysterical; he is a monster of depravity. There are scenes that will make your blood run cold and catch your breath.

Portraits of the Dead is a real page turner; it kept me enthralled until 1:00am this morning. If you enjoy serial killer thrillers, don’t miss this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment