Tuesday 28 June 2016

Book #41 Black Rabbit Hall

Black Rabbit HallBlack Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. The debut novel from Eve Chase is so beautifully written, she so puts me in mind of Daphne du Maurier - shades of Rebecca and Manderley here in the house nicknamed Black Rabbit Hall, set in Cornwall and full of original characters, the plot absorbed me completely with its underlying tone of menace about what really happened in the late 60s, as decades later Lorna winds her way through the countryside in search of a wedding venue and is inexorably drawn into questions surrounding her own past, a past intertwined with the Alton family who spend every blissful summer in the 60s at their family's Cornish home, four children enjoying endless days without an adult in sight. Until the storm brings tragedy that not all will survive. Page after page left me breathless with anticipation, eager to read on and yet not wanting it to end. Full of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the very last page. It really did hold me spellbound. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment