Monday 13 April 2015

The Yamaha FG700MS Acoustic Guitar

This is my new acoustic guitar, and it's a peach! The FG700MS combines premium specification including solid Sitka spruce top, Nato back and sides, 90 degree non-scalloped bracing, inspired by the flagship L-series, and Yamaha's trademark set-up with an ultra-thin natural satin finish to create an instrument with a rich, natural sound. Damn, it's good and all the more so after the set-up conducted by the engineers at Sheehan's Music perfect action and a beautiful tone.


Now, it's up to me. My fingers aren't as supple as they used to be and I haven't played guitar for around 30 years! But now I'm retired I have plenty of time to practice, witness the indents on the fingers of my left hand, already. (At least I can manage the D, A and E chords without too much delay in switching between chords!). The challenge now is to practice every day for at least 15 minutes, following the online tuition of Justin Sandercoe I am determined to improve beyond where I was 30 years ago.

My ultimate goal is to be able to play the acoustic passages from 'Stairway to Heaven' by the ultimate rock-band, Led Zeppelin. 

Yeah, right. I might get back to you on this in 6 months or so......

No comments:

Post a Comment