Saturday 4 April 2015

Sailing The Swale Estuary

The love of sailing has never left me. Memories of wonderful days in the 80s when my friend Graeme and I were members of the Newhaven and Seaford Sailing Club. At the time I owned a Merlin Rocket, which was a beast to handle with a rating of 106 on the Portsmouth yardstick. It sailed like a - well - like a rocket!

Our friends Roger and Kathy had a beautifully restored yacht moored at Harty Ferry on the Swale. It was a joy to sail; very responsive. Here are some scanned photos of such a day, with me at the helm.


I keep promising myself to get another boat, particularly as Graeme has bought his cruiser, moored at Twyford Bridge Marina. Persuading my wife that this is a good idea however, is another matter....



No comments:

Post a Comment