Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Eve before Christmas

We are ready. My sausage rolls turned out pretty good, jumbo size to say the least. It has been a tradition in my family to start Christmas morning with sausage rolls and English mustard. My maternal grandmother would make them, and then my mum and now me.


These are my jumbo sausage rolls. Not particularly uniform in shape but they taste delicious (already eaten the smallest one!)

The gammon joint has been roasted ready for cold meats on Boxing Day. The pigs in blankets are made and the Turkey crown is marinating. Brussel sprouts and Chantenay carrots are prepared together with glazed parsnips. I shall fry the sprouts with water chestnuts, onion and bacon lardons in a little olive oil. This will be complemented with sage and onion stuffing balls and roast potatoes. Followed by Christmas pudding and Devon custard. Stilton cheese and a glass of port. Espresso coffee accompanied with a glass of 18 YO Aberlour single malt.


This will inevitable lead to a period of dozing on the sofa in front of the TV.

Sounds like Christmas....






No comments:

Post a Comment