Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Eve before Christmas Eve

It has been a quiet day for me. The eve before Christmas Eve. A time for contemplation. My wife enjoyed her firm's Christmas lunch so I had only to cook for one this evening. Me. My only chore today was to buy Brussel sprouts and Chantenay carrots to complete the ingredients for Christmas lunch. Time then to enjoy some comfort time with our three cats - Bertie, Oliver and Riley. Peace on Earth, at least in my home...

I enjoyed a lunch of boiled eggs and a buttered, fresh baguette, followed by two satsumas - plump and juicy. I listened to the wonderful music of The John Tavener Collection, spiritually uplifting, particularly the track entitled 'The Lamb', performed by the English Chamber Orchestra, the Temple Choir and the Holst Singers. A uniquely significant choral work. Music for Christmas. Music for quiet contemplation.


Presents are wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree. I cannot wait to see my wife's face when she unwraps my gift to her. Something I have wanted to give her for so long. A diamond solitaire ring. Diamonds are forever as we are for each other. You have always shone bright for me, Ros...

So, for now I would like to wish you all peace and joy at this special time of year. May your Christmas be perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment