Wednesday 17 September 2014

Cornell Lab of Ornithology

I have just joined the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology is a member-supported unit of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York which studies birds and other wildlife. It is housed in the Imogene Powers Johnson Center for Birds and Biodiversity in Sapsucker Woods Sanctuary. Membership includes a digital subscription to the award-winning quarterly journal Living Bird.



The journal features stunning bird photography and fascinating articles on bird biology, behaviour, conservation, art, humour, travel and reviews of birding books and equipment.

Whilst I live in the United Kingdom I do not limit my interest in birding to these shores. The USA enjoys a wealth of magnificent birds that we do not see amongst our residents or visitors and Living Bird is a marvellous means of expanding my knowledge of ornithology overseas. 

More information here 

No comments:

Post a Comment