Friday 19 September 2014

BirdTrack

I have joined BirdTrack. This is a site where records submitted by BirdTrackers form the central elements of the page. You can explore the map to find out what has been seen locally or to visualise the relative frequency of records of any species across Britain and Ireland. You can discover the latest reporting rates (the percentage of complete lists that contain each species) using the interactive graphing facility and see which members of the BirdTrack community have been most active via the ‘Top BirdTrackers’ tables… and log in to see how your own BirdTrack stats compare.

Having entered my record list for 2014 so far I find myself at position number 1,780 in terms of species recorded this year.

Clearly I have much to do. A visit to Rye Harbour Nature Reserve this weekend should contribute significantly to my list....

No comments:

Post a Comment