Friday 6 July 2018

Book #44 The Chosen Ones

The Chosen Ones (DC Ian Bradshaw #4)The Chosen Ones by Howard Linskey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thanks to Netgalley, and Penguin UK - Michael Joseph for my ARC. Although I have been somewhat delinquent in taking so much time to finish the book; reading coincided with TV coverage of the 2018 Football World Cup, Queens, Eastbourne and Wimbledon tennis... So little time to read, but finish I have and what a cracking read this has been. I had not come across Detective Ian Bradshaw before - a pity, as this appears to be number four in a series. His talents are required to investigate the disappearance of a number of women, appointed SIO following the suspension of eight detectives suspected of fraud within the drug world. He enlists the help of Tom and Helen, two investigative journalists who apparently have helped him on previous cases. This association fits like a glove and these two put me in mind so much of Tommy and Tuppence Beresford.

The investigation is fraught with danger as we follow the incarceration of a woman - kidnapped and kept in a metal container. It's a horrific experience for her and indeed others who have suffered the same fate. Where are they being held? Could their location be underground? Who is the captor? Is there a religious element here? There is such a claustrophobic atmosphere in the plot that has alarming consequences for our three key protagonists.

Howard Linksey has written a compelling thriller, which I should have completed much earlier because its that good. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment