Tuesday 10 October 2017

Book #66 The Fourth Monkey

The Fourth Monkey (A 4MK Thriller, #1)The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my goodness! The Fourth Monkey really is totally addictive. Comparisons to Hannibal Lecter are inevitable as J.D. Barker unleashes a genius serial killer who the Chicago Metro police have been trying to identify for six years. Porter and Nash are the two coppers who have been working the case and trying to stop this psychopath for good. And 4MK taunts them as, revoltingly, he leaves his calling cards - dismembered body parts. And as the title suggests it is not too difficult to reckon what comes next when a severed ear is found in a white box tied with black cord....

The Fourth Monkey is creepy and scary and everything a good thriller should be. Impeccably written with just a touch of black humour; and a moment of such devious plotting that reminded me so much of Red Dragon. You will know what I mean when you read this.

One of the best thrillers I have read - ever.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment