Tuesday 3 October 2017

Book #65 Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay

Meet Me at Beachcomber BayMeet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had not heard of Jill Mansell until I saw her appear on 'Pointless Celebrities' a couple of weeks back. I was rather taken aback to learn that she has written twenty-eight books and still writes in longhand with a fountain pen! I had to take a look and bought a copy of her latest book 'Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay'. Pigeonholing a book in the Chick Lit category never puts me off as a male reader. I am a romantic at heart and this is a delightful read. What's not to like?

It is set in Cornwall, a county that I love, and it is full of likeable characters. Clemency, Sam, Ronan, Kate, Josephine, Marina - and Belle at a push! A heartwarming tale of love and buried secrets. Witty and humorous, the plot just resonated with me.

Jill Mansell is right up there with Jenny Colgan and Katie Fforde. And I loved it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment