Sunday 11 June 2017

Book #37 Need You Dead

Need You DeadNeed You Dead by Peter James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review to follow. I am away on holiday (vacation)!

Now back from a most enjoyable break in Prague. So, what of Need You Dead? Nothing short of brilliant! Peter James's plots are so convincing, so thorough - probably the best author when it comes to police procedurals. Like so many other readers I feel like I know Roy Grace. I have followed his career through thirteen episodes, the trauma caused by the sudden disappearance of his wife Sandy some ten years ago, finally tracking her down in Germany, the shock of her suicide and finding out he had a son, Bruno. (I have a nasty feeling about Bruno - for some reason he reminds me of Damien...) Roy's new wife Cleo takes Bruno under her wing, a new brother for her and Roy's son Noah. Why am I waiting for a car crash to happen? I could be completely wrong.

His old mucker DI Glen Branson is here along with his nemesis ACC Cassian Pewe and so many other police officers some of who actually exist. And I know Roy Grace's patch like the back of my hand; I drive around it; I live here. All the streets and landmarks are so familiar. Like slipping on a favourite pair of slippers - I sit in my favourite chair with a glass of single malt and immerse myself in the Brighton of Roy Grace.

Need You Dead is another fast-paced, unputdownable (yes, it's that word again!), adrenalin rush, sinister case for my favourite detective. Brighton Rocks? It sure does in the hands of Peter James!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment