Sunday 13 November 2016

Book #78 Lily And The Octopus

Lily and the OctopusLily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book resonated so much with me. Edward and Lily. A man and his dog, but unlike anything else I have read in a story that explores grief. Profound, inconsolable grief. It is quirky, bizarre, original. Lily the dachshund is twelve, which is eighty-four in dog years. Edward is forty-two, which is two hundred and ninety-four in dog years. And therein lies a portent of what is to come. It is difficult to review this moving, heartbreaking story without spoilers. But read it you must. It moved me to tears and, yes, I sobbed. A grown man and I sobbed.

If you share your life with a dog, or any pet this is for you. Have the tissues handy…..

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment