Wednesday 27 July 2016

Book #47 Silent Scream

Silent ScreamSilent Scream by Angela Marsons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am on something of a roll; this is another cracking read, the first in the D.I. Kim Stone series that apparently sold more than 1.5 million e-read copies before being published in print. And this is it. If you like your thrillers full of menace, that take you into dark places - grab yourself a copy. Stone is not the most likeable of detectives; in some respects she puts me in mind of D.I. Helen Grace. Suffered an appalling childhood and still carries those mental scars - it explains her temperament, feisty, short-tempered, determined - does not suffer fools gladly. And she comes across several in this fast-paced story that kicks off with a headmistress found brutally strangled, which embroils Stone in a hunt for a ruthless, twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades....

It's a superb debut...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment