Saturday 21 May 2016

The Well Travelled Tilley

Those who enjoy the great outdoors will probably recognise a Tilley hat when seen perched securely on the wearer's head.  I own several Tilleys - my favourite is the Tilley hemp. Made from one of the oldest and strongest natural fibres in the world, this medium brimmed hemp Hat is hardwearing and breathable. Its natural fibre means natural fade, so the hat will change colour in time and become truly unique. One becomes really attached to a Tilley...


My hemp Tilley has travelled many miles affording excellent protection from inclement weather. The chin strap ensures that the hat remains in place when facing fierce Force eights on Shetland!

Imagine then my dismay when we reached Aberdeen airport on 14th May having disembarked from MV Hrossey an hour or so earlier and I suddenly realised that I had left my Tilley in the cabin. By the time I was able to contact NorthLink ferries the Hrossey had departed, en-route to Kirkwall, Orkney! So had my hat! A day later I received an email from NorthLink saying they had found my hat and it was at their Kirkwall office. They said they would send it to me free of charge - and so they did. My Tilley arrived today - I had my old friend back after it had travelled rather more miles than originally planned.

Thank you NorthLink....

No comments:

Post a Comment