Saturday 5 September 2015

The Girl In The Spider's Web

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4)The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First off, as a huge fan of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium trilogy, I thoroughly enjoyed this fourth installment written by Swedish journalist David Lagercrantz. I have read a number of reviews that have been less than complimentary. Well, I disagree. The return of Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist is handled carefully. The plot is complex involving artificial super-intelligence, a web of intrigue that stretches to the Swedish secret police, international gangsters, hackers and even the US National Security Agency. It is a complex mystery and you might want to bone up on prime-number factoring, singularities and events horizon to add to the enjoyment. It is a slow burn, punctuated by bursts of action before a page-turning finale.

So, don’t be put off by negative reviews. If you enjoyed the Millennium trilogy (and you should read this first if you haven’t) then I am sure you will enjoy The Girl In The Spider’s Web. Certainly gets my 5 Star recommendation.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment