Wednesday 9 September 2015

Bertie - Always In My Heart

SADNESS IN PARTING - JOY IN REMEMBRANCE



Today. With leaden hearts Ros and I visited our veterinarian practice to collect Bertie's ashes. His remains rest in a beautiful rosewood casket. I tried hard not to cry but the tears came when the nurse put the box into my hands. She held my arm for a few moments. A tear ran down her cheek too. She had known Bertie for many years.

I came across these words today:

The tide recedes but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers on the land.
The music stops and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains...
For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains

Bertie, you brought great joy to our lives and we will always miss you - our beautiful, fearless, vocal, lovable lad. Rest in peace now. We will think of you every day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment