Saturday 28 December 2013

Inclement Weather for Garden Birds

I worry about the fate of my garden birds during this period of inclement weather: gale-force winds and torrential rain that has seen many households in Sussex, Surrey and Kent without power since 24th December. Another section of my garden fence has been destroyed and feeders have been ripped from their locations in my garden trees.

I replaced everything this morning and topped up the feeders. The weather had subsided somewhat and to my relief my garden birds were back. Goldfinches, House Sparrows, Blue-tits, Starlings, Blackbirds, Dunnocks, a Robin, Jackdaws, Collared Doves, Woodpigeons and Feral Pigeons all availed themselves of the bounty of food available and the water in the two birdbaths. My garden might look a mess but at least the birds are surviving this dreadful weather, although some, I am sure, have perished.

Still have not seen any sight of the Blackcaps though. I keep hoping... 

No comments:

Post a Comment